Friday, March 30, 2012

New Dishes

Ok, so I have to admit to something.  I have a secret love affair going on.  Well, it takes place in my kitchen mostly.  I am a bit embarrassed to admit to it.  Let me just show you a picture.



Yes, I am in love with Bar Keepers Friend.  My Mother-in-Law introduced me to this miracle product many years ago.  I have found so many uses for it.  Let me show you what I discovered today.

See this plate.



I love my mismatched Pfaltzgraff dishes.  With one exception . . . the little silver marks that have shown up on my dishes over the past 12 years.  I have been wanting new dishes because these were really starting to look pretty bad.

Add a touch of Bar Keepers Friend.



Look at how it is actually working on my plate!!!



Can you see it?  Or maybe I should say that you can no longer see the marks!!  Look how great my plate looks now.



I will admit that there are a couple of lines that just would not come out.  But, they are hardly noticeable.  I wonder if I had been keeping them clean this whole time what they would look like.  Maybe no marks at all?  It did take me about 2 minutes or so per plate.  Not a quick process for someone who has 20 regular dinner plates alone!!  But, I am hoping now that I know my trick.  I can keep up with my dishes before they get so bad.  You may have already known this or have been doing this if you are an avid Bar Keepers Friend user.  But to this addict, I was super excited to discover this dish-changing technique.

I would love to hear or see pictures of your "new" dishes.

No comments: